[tei-council] 2.0.0 release, reference pages

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Dec 16 12:15:05 EST 2011

On 11-12-16 08:45 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> If you look at http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-lg.html, you'll see there is
> no TEIC banner (as opposed to http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/REF-ELEMENTS.html).
>
> I claim someone asked for this behaviour, to avoid waste of screen space. But I cant remember
> who or when.
>
> does it bother you?

Not me. I don't remember anyone asking for it, though. Those pages are
not particularly long compared with (say) Chapter 11.

> PS one for Martin-the-copy-editor. look at http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-zone.html
> and read
>
> "The position of every zone for a given surface is always defined by reference to the coordinate system defined for that surface.
> A graphic element contained by a zone represents the whole of the zone.
> A zone may be of any shape. The attribute points may be used to define a polygonal zone, using the co-ordinate system defined by its parent surface."

Curses. A quick search shows 96 instances of "coordinate" vs 8 of
"co-ordinate", and given that we also have a class with "coordinated" in
its name, I'm going to normalize all of the hyphenated ones to the
unhyphenated version.

If anyone has any objections, let me know.

The unwritten rules of publication state that as soon as you get
something back from the printer, the first page you look at will have a
glaring typo. This is the digital equivalent, I guess.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)