[tei-council] 2.0 release notes

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Dec 14 09:40:42 EST 2011

How do others feel about dropping the clause "these projects were
already dubious in practice"?  We TEI insiders already have a reputation
for being absolutely convinced that there's a right way to encode things
even though this is not at all apparent to novices (witness many, many
questions and answers on TEI-L), so I'd like to put this in a more
politic way.  So maybe just:

This may result in some projects' existing XML becoming invalid under
the new schema, but new functionality has been introduced in the form of
the<gi>substJoin</gi> element to cater for the more problematic
substitutions that required the deprecated markup.

?