[tei-council] xml:lang="eng"

Paul F. Schaffner PFSchaffner at umich.edu
Thu Dec 8 12:14:23 EST 2011

Am I right in thinking that the MARC language codes (the original
source of the ISO 639-2 3-letter code list) remains the standard
for MARC records? And that those of us who depend on a lot of
back-and-forth TEI<->MARC interchange will probably find it
most convenient to continue to use those codes throughout our
files? If so, would we be better served by continuing to use
@lang rather than @xml:lang? Or is there a lossless 'crosswalk'
out there somewhere?

pfs