[tei-council] textLang and http://purl.org/tei/fr/3275613

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 13:06:56 EST 2011

(1) optionally the <att>otherLangs</att> -> optionally the
<att>otherLangs</att> attribute

(2) "such as those used in ISO 639-1 (or three letter codes in ISO 639-2
or 639-3 if ISO 639-1 does not provide a two letter code)...described at
<ptr/>"
-- this is all a bit repetitive. Why not just reference vi.1 and say
it's done the same way?

"The @mainLang amnd @otherLangs attributes should both provide language
identifiers in the same form as the xml:lang attribute, as further
described at <ptr >"

(3) I would like to reinforce the distinction between this and xml:lang.
how about adding  ", rather than in its description" at the end of the
<desc> so that it reads

" describes the languages and writing systems identified within the
bibliographic work being described, rather than in its description"

(4) Nothing to do with this particular topic, but since when did the
cross references start appearing inside the <desc> in its HTML
rendition? Looks weird to me.