[tei-council] containers of <relation>

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 14:41:28 EST 2011

On 05/12/11 18:48, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
> Quick thought: we've recently redefined<relation>  to enable it to be
> used more broadly than originally conceived, added attributes,
> definition, etc., but it still is only allowed in list* elements.
> (relationGrp on the other hand is more widely available). Does anyone
> thing we should make relation available more widely as well?
>
> Why, for example, would we allow relationGrp in p, or seg, but not relation?

<relationGrp> is a member of model.biblLike, as is <listRelation> which
has now replaced it. This means it is available as part of
macro.paraContent as well as other places referencing model.bibLike in
their content. I am not convinced that this is a good thing.

<relation> is not a member of any class, so it will only be available
where it is specifically named in a content model, i.e. within the
various list{Event|Org|Person|Nym} elements (which probably should
constitute a class, but don't at present). listRelation is also
available in those same places. This seems correct to me.