[tei-council] Fwd: reviving the TEI Physical Bibliography Work Group

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun Dec 4 14:58:44 EST 2011

Gang,

In Paris we agreed that I would contact Paul Schaffner and Markus
Flatscher to ask them to pick up this work.  They haven't responded, but
yesterday at HASTAC 2011 two literature Ph.D. students presented on some
work on physical bibliography in the TEI, in which they lamented the
TEI's perceived lack of support in this area.  Andrew Prescott relayed
some clarifying tweets from Lou, James, and me, and I spoke with the
presenters afterwards, inviting them to take on this work with some
guidance from me.  They both seemed keen to do so.  Will keep you
posted, though you may end up hearing directly from them on TEI-L.

Kevin