[tei-council] FS #3106829

Brett Barney bbarney2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Dec 1 17:42:07 EST 2011

This ticket (suggesting the revision of what is currently the last
paragraph of 4.3.2) was assigned to me in Paris as a sort of cream puff to
initiate me into the implementation regime. I've posted the version below
as a comment in the ticket, but since time is dwindling before the
scheduled release I thought it good to also post here and ask for feedback.
I also realized a moment ago that when I originally sent this message about
5 hours ago I sent it to the wrong address. Sorry.

Thank you, James, for getting my permissions worked out. And really big
thanks, Kevin, for patiently coaching me through the process in real time
yesterday.

Thanks,
Brett

its content derives from a source external to the current text,
<gi>floatingText</gi> carries no such implication and is simply used
whenever the richer content model that it provides is required to support
the markup of a part of a text that is presented as a discrete "inclusion."
In some cases, such inclusions could be considered external (e.g.,
enclosures, attachments, etc.); often however, as in the examples above,
the included text bears no signs of emanating from outside.</p>

a text with rich internal structure that is quoted at length,
unitary text, <gi>floatingText</gi> may include one or more quoted