[tei-council] surfaces, surfaceGrps, etc. [was : minutes/release deadline]

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 06:12:46 EST 2011

On 20 Nov 2011, at 00:27, Martin Holmes wrote:

> I think we agreed that since <surface> is always establishing a
> coordinate system, and a coordinate system must always be rectangular,
> we don't need @points on <surface>, only on <zone>.
>
> That gives us the rather odd possibility of a non-rectangular <zone>
> which contains a <surface> that must have a rectangular coordinate
> system, though.

I'd rather think  of <surface> defining the extent of a two-dimensional
grid, and <zone> as describing polygon areas within that. Then my
head does not hurt so much.

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente