[tei-council] signed/list

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 13:28:18 EST 2011

if we cut it back to being
a phrase-level element,
it might have a _more_ restrictive content model?

>  Which in turn means that I would much
> rather see the content of <signed> narrowed down to include only
> model.nameLike vel sim.,

so its more like <hi rend="signed">, then?

> and this example tagged as follows
>
>  <closer>
> Sign'd and Seal'd,
> </closer>

so <closer>
Signed and Seal'd
<list>

etc?

Plausible, I admit, under your view of <signed>

> but I think
> promoting <signed> to be a chunk container rather than a phrase level
> element is playing too fast and loose with the TEI semantic model.

However, it is a member of model.divBottomPart, which suggests that
in the past we _have_ regarded it as a block-level <signature>-like object.

I cite The Power of Birnbaum
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente