[tei-council] [tei-board] website www.tei-c.org down?

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Nov 14 18:20:09 EST 2011

I've just seen this, as I'm in Washington getting ready to present at
the NHPRC Commission meeting tomorrow. If Shayne Brandon has been
contacted I'm not sure what more there is to do but await his diagnosis.
It's not just the web server; www.tei-c.org is not taking ssh
connections either, so I can't even log in to see what is going on (nor
do I have full root privileges on the server). That happened a few weeks
ago also, and the problem that time was an out-of-memory condition
caused by a lot of concurrent Roma/OxGarage processes.

The last time this happened, Markus Flatscher mentioned to me that
OpenOffice is known to be a resource hog, and of course it underlies the
OxGarage transforms... so ... it might be worth looking at ways to try
to limit the number of concurrent requests, or find some other fix so
that heavy Roma/OxGarage usage doesn't bring the system down again?

David

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, John Unsworth wrote:

> Yes; that's been reported to folks at Virginia, and I've just sent another email to see if there's a known cause or ETA to have it back online....
>
> John
>
> On Nov 14, 2011, at 3:59 PM, Marjorie Burghart wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> For the record, at this moment the website appears to be down.
>> Best wishes,  Marjorie
>>
>> --
>> Marjorie BURGHART
>> EHESS (pôle de Lyon) / UMR 5648
>> Histoire et Archéologie des Mondes Chrétiens et Musulmans Médiévaux
>> 18 quai Claude Bernard
>> 69007 Lyon - FRANCE

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA