[tei-council] confusion about TEI at version and teiCorpus at version

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Mon Nov 14 00:40:21 EST 2011

I think TEI at version and @source are quite different objects. @source is a reference (magic or not) to an ODD spec from which a customization is made.
On the contrary, TEI at version is a vague documentary item telling the user against which TEI vocabulary the document has been put together. This of course obly applies to the TEI elements and if further customization occured (like new elements), this will not tell you anything. It is a kind of time tracker for TEI document. I would thus not require it to be a URI.
Laurent