[tei-council] minutes/release deadline

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Nov 11 17:13:21 EST 2011

On 11-11-11 07:56 PM, James Cummings wrote:
> On 11/11/11 14:46, David Sewell wrote:
>> Council minutes have in the past always been posted to
>> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Meetings/index.xml. In
>> principle there's no reason additions to that list could not
>> point to a page on the TEI wiki instead of to a static XML
>> file. But that would be establishing a significantly new
>> precedent.
>
> I don't believe there is any intention to do so, I believe
> MartinH was planning to TEI'ify them after Council input on the
> draft on the wiki.  (Martin, correct me if I'm wrong.)

I really had no idea what I was supposed to do, and nobody mentioned any
particular requirements, so I just did the best I could, and put them on
the wiki because that's where I'd seen the minutes for the last meeting,
which was the first one I attended. If I'd known they were supposed to
end up in TEI, I would have done them all that way in the first place,
but I had no idea. I did the last day in TEI, but that's now out of date
because we've edited the wiki version.

I think the Council should take a formal decision on how the minutes
should be taken, how they should then be collaboratively edited, and how
they should be published. Then the next volunteer will have a clearer
idea of what's expected of them, and won't inadvertently let themselves
in for unnecessary markup work, as I seem to have done. Apologies if
this is already clear and spelled out somewhere in the instructions for
Council members; if it is, I've never seen it, or don't remember seeing it.