[tei-council] @source and @version for versioning an ODD

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 6 07:55:43 EST 2011

um, you might want to rephrase that :-}

> ?  And that if you use and ODD for another XML vocabulary besides TEI,
> you would use
>
> <schemaSpec source="otherspecnamespace:version.number.here">

no, please don't get that "tei" confused with namespaces. tei:1.9.1
is an example of using a private protocol called "tei", as opposed
to "http" or "ftp". It is a legal, if slightly deprecated, URL.

it is very likely preferable to use proper protocols,
and point at a genuine URL which returns a gob of XML,
outside the TEI context.

> Please revise the wiki accordingly: the point of creating this page was
> that I am trying to take the first steps towards documenting this
> capability, which, as I originally wrote, does not seem to be documented
> anywhere.

I am a bit puzzled by this. I don't say its well done, but the guts of it
are there in http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/TD.html#TDbuild
where they oughta be. I don't think the wiki article takes the user further forward
than the existing Guidelines.
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente