[tei-council] @source and @version for versioning an ODD

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun Nov 6 07:46:34 EST 2011

Are you saying that

<schemaSpec version="tei:1.9.1">

should instead be

<schemaSpec source="tei:1.9.1">

?  And that if you use and ODD for another XML vocabulary besides TEI,
you would use

<schemaSpec source="otherspecnamespace:version.number.here">

?

Please revise the wiki accordingly: the point of creating this page was
that I am trying to take the first steps towards documenting this
capability, which, as I originally wrote, does not seem to be documented
anywhere.

On 11/6/11 1:42 AM, Laurent Romary wrote:
> Well, this does not seem completely accurate. @source
> (http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.readFrom.html)
> is exactly intended to be used on schemaSpec to refer to the
> reference specification from which the schema is to be derived. It
> can be a tei one as well as any other sources for non-tei based
> schemas. The note in att.readFrom elicits a 'private'  ()I agree with
> this notion way to refer to the TEI with a specific version, namely:
> tei:5.2.11 Laurent Le 5 nov. 2011 à 21:00, Kevin Hawkins a écrit :
>
>> Syd helped me out with my problems here, so I have started a wiki
>> page with what he taught me, plus my question below about
>> att.translatable:
>>
>> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Assocating_an_ODD_with_a_particular_release_of_P5

I've also created a feature request to incorporate this info into P5:

http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-TEI.html

>>> http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.translatable.html

<== By the way, should the datatype be changed to data.version and the