[tei-council] @dur seems to be unavailable

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Nov 3 18:45:41 EDT 2011

Hi Lou,

There are lots of examples in the guidelines of using @dur in exactly
the way I propose:

13.3.6.1 Relative Dates and Times

I reached the station <time when="14:15:00">
  <time dur="PT30M0S">precisely half an hour</time>
  <offset>after</offset>
  <time when="13:45:00" type="occasion">the departure of the afternoon
train to Boston</time>
</time>

This has nothing to do with "spoken". If you agree that examples like
this are reasonable use-cases, then I'll file a bug report. I was more
concerned that regular users might read in the guidelines that @dur can
be used in this way, and then (like me) not be able to figure out how to
get it added to their schema.

I didn't realize things worked out of the box with iso durations. In
that case I might go with that.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)