[tei-council] Ticket triage : greenery

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Nov 3 15:07:09 EDT 2011

On 11-11-02 02:53 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:

> And here are the 15 "feature request" tickets in the GREEN category:
>
> 3408683	hyphenation section doesn't reference pc at force

Agree. I've suggested some wording on the ticket.

> 3293070	enhancement of notes and examples in ref-del

Agree.

> 3282689	replace 'file' with 'document'

Agree cautiously -- see my comment on the ticket.

> 3266021	dictionary entires with a single sense

Agree.

> 3263971	inheritance of @xml:lang

Agree, with Lou's wording.

> 3210946	examples for digital facsimile

Disagree to some extent. See my comment on the ticket.

> 3064014	provide suggested values for rs at type

Agree, especially with the need to remove multiple values used for the
same purpose in the examples (org, organization), which is pernicious.

> 3051750	choice of schema language when using the TEI

This is two issues. I agree that there needs to be some helpful
discussion of the three main schema types, but I think a separate ticket
needs to be spun off where we can discuss how to handle and explain
schematron.

> 3041605	update list of Council members

Agree -- but as Kevin says, where are lists of previous Council
membership available?

> 3415411	Split certainty/precision/respons from model.glossLike

Agree (although there may be some backwards-compatibility issues when we
remove elements from model.glossLike).

> 3296398	add hi to figDesc

Needs discussion; the ticket is not clear (see my comment).

> 3284811	att.internetMedia's @mimeType should get data.word+ datatype

Agree with Lou's final minimal implementation.

> 3275613	make textLang usable in bibliographies

Agree.

> 3046288	allow f to contain pcdata

Agree.

--