[tei-council] Unused parts of TEI P5 source

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Nov 2 12:35:57 EDT 2011

On 11-11-02 09:23 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 2 Nov 2011, at 16:09, Martin Holmes wrote:
>
>>> do I hear any votes for zapping from Sourceforge entirely? in these days
>>> of distributed version control, the practice of keeping things around
>> "just in case",
>>> or commenting out references, is a bit unnecessary.
>>
>> Let's not. Years down the road it might be difficult to figure out what
>> revision they were last present in.
>

> eh? is that a vote for keeping in SF or not? its easy to look
> at Vault and see when they last appeared.

It was a vote to keep, especially given that we haven't seen the
reaction of the community to the decision to move them.

If I'm a regular user looking at the Vault, this is what I see:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/>

I don't see an easy way to navigate to previous versions of P5, or to
discover what might or might not be in them. It would actually be easier
to grep the SVN log than to find this info in the Vault, unless I'm
missing a finding aid for the Vault.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)