[tei-council] Budget and Cost Saving for next year

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 11:46:57 EDT 2011

On 2 Nov 2011, at 15:40, Piotr Bański wrote:

> How exhilaratingly cruel... Announcing their potential deprecation could
> be a way to poll the community for how much they are needed.

yes, that would be a good action.

> The functionality behind them *is* needed, and would have to be recast
> as individual attributes (@from, @to, ... many, I'm afraid, and in need
> of discussion and standardization).

so if they  are needed, but don't work anywhere, how do people manage
today? I am tempted to say that if you have survived 10 years without
an implementation, spending money on it now may be a luxury?

I think it could actually be better to recast the stuff in pure TEI, actually,
to avoid the impression that some software somewhere is going to implement it.
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group

Sólo le pido a Dios