[tei-council] Budget and Cost Saving for next year

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 31 12:32:38 EDT 2011

Dear TEI Council,

As you know I'll be taking over from Laurent as TEI Council chair
on 2012-01-01.  I'm in the midst of draft a proposed budget to
the TEI Board for what we might want to have by way of meetings,
working groups, development, etc. in 2012.

Possible locations for such meetings which would result in cost
savings owing to travel include Oxford (cheap for Sebastian and
me, Lou (potentially as a board rep) in travel and hotel, and
Gaby for travel) as well as Ann Arbor (cheap for Kevin, Paul and
Rebecca for travel and hotel).

I know that in the past some on the Council have not charged the
TEI for certain aspects of their expenses (using project or
institutional funds).  For example, Sebastian and I have decided
that from next year Oxford will most likely cover our travel
costs.  If any of you know that you have institutional funds that
you can use for TEI Council activities, can you please let me
know (off list is fine!) so that I can factor it into our budget?

We will, of course, discuss this in more detail during the
upcoming meeting in Paris, but if you can let me know in the next
few days that would be helpful.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,