[tei-council] Licensing - final wording

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 11 03:44:13 EDT 2011

On 11 Oct 2011, at 07:39, Laurent Romary wrote:

> With the help of James, I suggest the following wording for the TEI licensing policy.

where are you thinking this will appear? what text would it replace? the TEI Guidelines source
would need a more formal specification, with multiple <license> elements.

> TEI licensing depends on the use made of TEI content which is dual-licensed eaither CC+BY or BSD-2.

I still think this misses the point of dual-licensing, which is that the _user_ makes
the decision, not us. So the licensing depends on _their_ needs and situation,
not our interpretation of them.

But this is just prose, what the heck. What actually goes in the files?
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente