[tei-council] agenda items
kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Oct 4 12:27:01 EDT 2011
On 10/4/2011 4:57 AM, Laurent Romary wrote:
> Excellent. Maybe Kevin would want a line on Tite.
This year the Council chair formed a task force on TEI Lite to align the
canonical Tite in SourceForge with that used by Apex CoVantage as part
of AccessTEI. The task force members are:
* Perry Trolard (author of Tite and representative of the Mellon-funded
project that created Tite)
* Greg Spurlock (of Apex CoVantage)
* Kevin Hawkins (of the TEI Council)
Members of this task force and other Council members have made the
following revisions to Tite during this year:
* ODD now uses the "include" syntax rather than the "except" syntax.
* We've removed a bunch of unnecessary elements and attributes (those
not specified in the prose specification)
* We added <handShift/> and its attributes since Apex added these to
their version based on user demand. (But still need to add some prose
description on how to use this element.)
* Revised Tite's introduction, version number, and date, as well as the
appendix comparing it to the Best Practices for TEI in Libraries
Work left to be done to align canonical:
* Describe use of <handShift/> (as above).
* Add <add> and <del>. (As with <handShift/>, prospective users of Tite
want these.) Might also add <addSpan> and <delSpan>.
* Add @facs to <pb>.
Following this, Kevin would like to make additional revisions to better
align Tite with TEI practice. He has lots of tickets in SourceForge for
consideration by Council once we finish the things above.
More information about the tei-council