[tei-council] Fwd: kibitzing

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Sep 29 13:55:21 EDT 2011

On 11-09-29 10:37 AM, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
> Did we decide against multi-licensing? (I've lost track of the early
> parts of this discussion.)

This is a good idea. It means we don't have to draw the boundaries
between things (which I think is practically impossible). Even where you
think they might be clear, they're really not -- it's conceivable, for
instance, that source code could be used in a textual manner (as an
illustration of programming methodology in a teaching text, for
example). Letting users choose the licence that suits their ideology as
well as their project seems a good all-round compromise.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)