[tei-council] Fwd: TEI licensing issues

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Mon Sep 12 15:06:56 EDT 2011

On 12/09/11 20:31, Martin Holmes wrote:
[...]
> Can anyone think of any realistic abuse scenario, if we put everything
> in the public domain?

Right now I can't, but I wouldn't like the prospect of someone calling
me short-sighted in retrospect ;-)

I'm not saying you are -- I think yours is a reasonable path to
investigate. I'm just worried that, being the angels that we are, we may
not be able to come up with sufficiently evil scenarios, but that won't
necessarily mean it's safe to abandon the (c) label. Of course, I could
be now playing the part of one scared of good bold solutions. No idea, sigh.

  P.