[tei-council] code vs. wiki licensing

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 12:43:09 EDT 2011

On 12 Sep 2011, at 17:34, Piotr Bański wrote:

> I admit I feel partially responsible for this, because I was among those
> who promoted the use of the TEIWiki for the purpose of storing code, a
> few years ago, but some issues have become very obvious since then:
>
> * wiki is not a revision-control system for code;
>
> * wiki is not even a good display system for code (some stuff has to be
> escaped because of wiki requirements, there is no syntax highlighting);

well, yes, that's why I have never put any code in the wiki…. :-}

> A way out could be to provide SVN space for the code

isn't this the sort of thing people use Github for these days? I am
pondering about moving all my work there.
Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente