[tei-council] genetic draft -- from Brett, pt. 3

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Aug 31 08:44:58 EDT 2011

On 11-08-31 05:23 AM, Pierazzo, Elena wrote:
> Does it requires coordinates?  I don't seem to remember that they were
> mandatory.

Coordinates on <zone>s are not mandatory, but it's difficult to see what
you would be defining if you created a <zone> without them. This would
be a substantially different use of <zone> than the one described in
<facsimile>, I think. If the proposal is to use <zone> without
coordinates, then I think I'd prefer a different element, so that the
two uses of <zone> don't confuse people.