[tei-council] genetic draft -- from Brett, pt. 3

Pierazzo, Elena elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 08:23:09 EDT 2011

Does it requires coordinates? I don't seem to remember that they were
mandatory. The point is how you define block in a way that is different
from zone? We had to discuss pretty hardly with people to convince them we
needed <line> at all and not simply have nested zones, and we only agreed
because it seemed a more or less a cultural, established mechanism to
describe manuscripts. I can't see this being true for block, really.
If I remember correctly zone has a @type so I think <zone
type="written-block"> vel sim. is perfectly acceptable for me and the
people involved in the design of this.