[tei-council] Archive of TEI-TECH, anyone?

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Sat Aug 20 09:34:09 EDT 2011

Received and put into place, thanks! I don't know why that particular
file went missing, and it was just a guess that it never made it onto
the Virginia server. If you want to send me a file listing of the Oxford
server snapshot, I can compare it against what is on the active site.

David

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011, Lou Burnard wrote:

> I've just sent David a copy of this missing file.
>
> Ah me, I remember the days when it would have been considered very
> uncool to send files bigger than 1 Mb by email attachment. This one was
> (I've just noticed) 640 Mb and my email client didn't even blench.
>
> But old habits die hard, so I'm hereby advising him that it's en route,
> just in case it gets delayed in the intertubes...
>
>  On 20/08/11 02:35, David Sewell wrote:
>> I am fixing some broken links on the TEI website. On the TEI History
>> page (http://www.tei-c.org/About/history.xml), in paragraph 3, there is
>> a link supposedly pointing to the "archive of the now defunct TEI-TECH
>> mailing list" at http://www.tei-c.org/About/tei-tech.tar.gz. However, no
>> such file exists on tei-c.org, meaning probably that it was not part of
>> the shipment of files from Oxford several years ago. I don't see it
>> anywhere else.
>>
>> Once upon a time TEI-TECH was hosted at uic.edu, but the current
>> Listserv server there doesn't show it among the archives.
>>
>> Does anyone have a local copy?
>>
>> David

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA