[tei-council] 3 subst tickets

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 17 14:01:15 EDT 2011

Following from the discussion on the subject of the content model of
tei:subst by a subgroup commissioned by Council in Chicago, three
tickets have been created or updated respectively, detailing our
recommendations for going forward. (The subgroup contained myself, Elena
and James, and we asked Marjorie Burghart and Torsten Schaßan to join us.)

(1) http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3393244: restrict content model of tei:subst
to tei:add and tei:del (discussion required regarding speed of
deprecation of other currently allowed elements)

(2) http://purl.org/TEI/FR/2859355: the creation of a new tei:substJoin
element (semantic sugar for tei:join[@result='subst']), to cater for
cases where text or other elements intervene between deletion(s) and
addition(s)

(3) http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3080015: allow milestoneLike elements in
tei:subst for cases where a substitution spans a line (I disagreed, but
the group were otherwise unanimous in agreeing to this inclusion)

We would like Council to approve parts 2. and 3., but more discussion
(and probably a survey of the community) are needed to resolve 1.

Best,

Gabby

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL