[tei-council] Statement

Julianne Nyhan julianne.nyhan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:19:34 EDT 2011

3) still a little unwieldy. The problem is the ' in addition to the meeting
minutes it already publishes'.
Is that connected to the first or last clause? I want to move it without
destroying meaning of sentence.
How about:

3) The TEI Technical Council desires a greater transparency and
accountability in TEI Board activities, notwithstanding the minutes of
meetings it already publishes. Council calls for reforms that introduce
mechanisms to make TEI Board activities more transparent and built on
greater consultation with the TEI Community.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM, James Cummings <
James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Corrections added that people have suggested would bring the statement to:
>
> 1) The TEI Technical Council continues to function and wants to get on
> with its job of improving and openly maintaining the Guidelines and
> associated systems and resources on behalf of the TEI Community.
>
> 2) The TEI Technical Council is shocked and saddened by the sudden
> actions of the TEI Board in dismissing its chair and the implications
> this may have for the ability of the TEI Board to work effectively as
> representatives of the TEI Community.
>
> 3) The TEI Technical Council desires a greater transparency and
> accountability in TEI Board activities, in addition to the minutes of
> meetings it already publishes, and would support reforms that introduce
> mechanisms that make TEI Board activities more transparent and involve
> greater consultation with the TEI Community.
>
> 4) The TEI Technical Council believes that the events announced by the
> TEI Board on 15 August 2011, pending greater explanation, have caused
> real harm to the TEI Consortium and wish to know the Board's plans for
> restoring the Consortium's reputation and good standing in the community.
>
> Please respond with any more typos/corrections/etc.
>
> -James
>

> --
> Dr James Cummings, Manager of InfoDev
> Oxford University Computing Services
> University of Oxford

Dr Julianne Nyhan,
(UCL & Universitaet Trier)

*Direct Line:* +44 (0)20 7679 7206)
*Fax:*  +44 (0)20 7383 0557)
*Office:* G15a, Department of Information Studies, Foster Court, University
College London, WC1E 6BT, U.K.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/julianne-nyhan/
http://germazope.uni-trier.de/Projects/KoZe2/
http://epu.ucc.ie/theses/jnyhan/