[tei-council] [TEI-L] Changes on the TEI Board (fwd)

Brett Barney bbarney2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Aug 15 17:47:31 EDT 2011

Hmmm. In looking up the conversion for myself, I too noticed that no one is
on CET currently and assumed (perhaps erroneously) that Laurent was doing
what a lot of Americans do--use the common abbreviation (e.g., EST [Eastern
Standard Time]) for the time zone, regardless of whether its currently
"standard" or "daylight savings." And according to that logic, my googling
told me that Spain is currently 7 hours ahead of me, in what we in the US
refer to as the Central time zone. So that would mean 8:00 am, right? And
it would mean 6:00 a.m. for you, if you are two hours earlier than I am.
Maybe I've messed up the calculations, though; I've never claimed to be a
math whiz. At any rate, it will be important to get this right, so maybe
Laurent can clarify?

Brett

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>                                                                                                                   |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |TEI Council <tei-council at lists.village.Virginia.EDU>, Brett Barney <bbarney2 at unlnotes.unl.edu>, Martin Mueller <martinmueller at NORTHWESTERN.EDU>   |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |08/15/2011 04:31 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [tei-council] [TEI-L] Changes on the TEI Board (fwd)                                                                                          |

Before I confirm, can someone check my calculations? As far as I can
see, no-one is on CET at the moment, because they're all on CEST, but
assuming the CET is correct, it would be 1 hour ahead of UTC, which is 7
hours ahead of Pacific Daylight Time (daylight saving time in the
Pacific zone). So that would be 7 am my time. Is that right?

If so, I can attend.

I wish all these summer times and daylight savings times had never existed.

On 11-08-15 01:17 PM, Laurent Romary wrote:
> Thank you Seb. You're point is taken as part of the agenda. I would not
call this "normal", or rather, yes, "normal" for a community based
activity.

> No, Martin M is no more on the list, but I allow me to CC you request
here.

> Who can provide a line on Wednesday 15.00 PM CET? I will try through
INRIA but need a fallback.

> Le 15 août 2011 à 22:13, Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :
>
>> Sorry, I am on holiday until 19th, can't make a telco.
>>
>> Personally I would like to get Council own business back on track by
sorting out the procedure, date and content of next release. Let's show
community we are in business as normal.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)