[tei-council] [TEI-L] Changes on the TEI Board (fwd)

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 17:11:43 EDT 2011

I agree. To be honest, the board should not be as secretive and unilateral
as they are (and some of Martin's suggestions re transparency addressed
this). If there's a case for restructuring the TEI hierarchy, this episode
has been it. Should the Council make a strongly worded statement of
disapproval of this behavior?

I'm available for a telcon Wednesday.

Cheers,

Gabby

On 15 Aug 2011 20:35, <julianne.nyhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> In my opinion the beef is, for now, kind of irrelevant. The nub of the
issue is that he was ousted by the board unilaterally and council were
informed neither prior to the event nor post it and neither we nor the
community still have an explanation but must surmise what we can from
twitter. Julianne