[tei-council] IPR inherent in TEI markup

Martin Mueller martinmueller at northwestern.edu
Fri Jul 15 09:01:23 EDT 2011

James and others,

This is a useful thread of correspondence to remember.It is very expensive
to get legal advice: a high-powered IPR lawyer will charge you $400.00 an
hour in Chicago, and the hours add up very quickly. But it may be that at
some point we can get some good and free house from the in-house legal
folks of some of our members.

I take it there is no urgency on this matter, but at some point during the
next year it might be helpful to have a statement.  Such a statement
should, I think, come from the Board but reflect discussion by the Board
and Council.

MM