[tei-council] <notatedMusic> changes required

Martin Mueller martinmueller at northwestern.edu
Sat Jul 9 15:11:52 EDT 2011

But what is it that "the MEI folks want to do with it after all?" I looked
at a reference that Raffaele sent me, but I didn't find it entirely
conclusive or intelligible.  Would it be helpful if somebody did some kind
of two-column explanation where the left column described in the language
of laymen or musicologists what is wanted and the right column gives a
technical account of the options that exist?

>From following the discussion on the list -- perhaps not as carefully as I
should -- I do not have an answer to as basic a question as this: "is
there a music specific problem here that requires a music specific
solution?"