[tei-council] <notatedMusic> changes required

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 04:25:50 EDT 2011

On 07/07/11 23:16, Martin Holmes wrote:
> OK, time for a vote. Options are:
>
> For all instances in the Guidelines where ptr/@target points to an
> external XML file, add:

sorry but I don't understand the point of this. What does "external
file" have to do with the price of fish?

@target is a URI -- it may point to a bit of the current document, a
different document, a bit of a different document, or a magical
incantation against some other system

The question might be better presented as

"are there any cases where <ptr> is implicitly doing transclusion, as
opposed to simply pointing?"

I am happy to check when I have more time, but my suspicion is that our
current usage is to use @url for the transclusion case (as in <graphic
url="foo.png"/> and @target in all others