[tei-council] <notatedMusic> changes required

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 03:59:27 EDT 2011

On 7 Jul 2011, at 00:04, Martin Holmes wrote:

>> You've made a simple (very understandable) mistake -  you have not actually yet included the elementSpec.
>> I have added&notatedMusic; at the end of the<div>  and now it works as expected. Jolly good!!
>
> Thanks for that -- I has no idea I needed to do it. I was searching
> madly for some file in which I was supposed to mention the tag name, and
> finding nothing.

yes, it obviously isn't made clear  that the TEI Guidelines are
a single giant document, not a framework pointing at element
definitions to include.

> If we do provide examples using e.g.
> @type="transclude", we'll have to explain exactly what we mean by that,
> and suggest alternative possible values that don't mean transclusion;
> and I don't know what they might be.

Fair point.  This is all moot, of course, until we decide to actually
make a new release and the "general public" starts seeing the
new material.

>> <figure>
>> 	<notatedMusic>
>>          <ptr target="example_schubert.xml"/>
>>       </notatedMusic>
>>    </figure>
>
> I noticed that too, but I wasn't sure what it might be replaced with.
> Perhaps it should be in a <figDesc>, outside the <head>. What do others
> think?

I am not sure what the <label> is trying to achieve here. Perhaps, as Laurent
says, its actually an @n.
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente