[tei-council] Archiving 2010 TEI MM website

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 14:06:33 EDT 2011

On 30/06/11 19:00, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> It is certainly best if someone with access to the server at which (1)
> is hosted could send you a zip or tarball of the files, as I did for the
> 2009 conference.  But if no one does, you could result to using curl to
> scrape the content from the site.

Or ask the Internet Archive!

> As for (2), I don't know whether this content was even saved.  Members
> of the 2010 program committee might know, but I suspect you will end up
> being referred to Syd (who was a member of that committee), who has long
> maintained http://www.tei-c.org/conftool/ .

As I said before, I am sure that it's possible to extract the text of
the abstracts from conftool, provided of course that you can still get
access to the right conftool instance!

And I must say I think the text of the abstracts is probably at least as
important to save as is the detail of the hotel prices.... :-)

I am taking the liberty of copying Syd in on this thread (though
presumably he's already seen it on TEI-L) -- but surely other members of
the 2010 PC can get hold of these texts too?