[tei-council] support for P4

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 04:53:58 EDT 2011

On 14 Jun 2011, at 09:46, Laurent Romary wrote:

> We need to discuss what we mean by deprecating P4:
> - we should do our best to prevent such bundling as you mention
> - we need to keep P4 information on our web site
> What would you suggest?

What you say there, really. Ask people to stop including P4 as a first class citizen
in bundles; leave all files in the same place on the web site for the foreseeable
future; rewrite the top-level web pages to make it harder to find P4; stop Google indexing
P4 Guidelines.

So people who use P4 now will not be disadvantaged, but new people will not find it by mistake

the question to my mind is whether this is premature, or whether we should start planning to do this
at the end of 2011

Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios