[tei-council] Jenkins 2 is up and running

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 13 17:33:50 EDT 2011

Actually, I spoke a bit too soon -- it looks like it's working, but I'm
actually seeing some errors in the console output from the builds, and
having to make some final tweaks. Some of the errors are showing up in
the main Oxford Jenkins too. In between finishing the script and getting
the server up and running, oXygen went up a version, tei-oxygen got
repackaged, jenkins got an upgrade, and there were other system updates;
I think my script may need a bit of a tweak on the wiki.

We'll get there eventually, though.

On 11-06-13 01:53 PM, Piotr Bański wrote:
> Congrats, Martin :-)
>
> And many thanks for doing this so thoroughly -- I'll happily digest the
> documentation you have produced, to possibly set a Jenkins for a project
> of mine, too.
>
> Best,
>
>    Piotr
>
> On 06/13/2011 10:12 PM, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> One of my take-home jobs from the April Council meeting was to work with
>> Sebastian to figure out how to build a Jenkins server for the TEI
>> product collection. About two weeks ago we finished and tested a script
>> for doing this -- now on the wiki -- and we've now set up a virtual
>> server at UVic, which should serve as a backup for Sebastian's Jenkins.
>> The URL is:
>>
>> <http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca:8080/>
>>
>> So if you're checking in changes and wanting to see if the resulting
>> builds work, and the Oxford Jenkins happens to be down or slow, there's
>> now an alternative.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin

Martin Holmes