[tei-council] Build errors locally, but not on Jenkins

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 26 13:45:25 EDT 2011

Hi Sebastian,

We're not there quite yet. It now dies during the latex build of the
guidelines, because of the space in the "Minion Pro" font name:

BUILD: build LaTeX version of Guidelines from Lite
Checking you have a running xelatex before trying to make TeX...
which xelatex  || exit 1
/usr/bin/xelatex
perl -p -e \

"s+http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/stylesheet+/usr/share/xml/tei/stylesheet+;
\
		 s+/usr/share/xml/tei/stylesheet+/usr/share/xml/tei/stylesheet+;" \
		Utilities/guidelines-latex.xsl > Utilities/guidelines.xsl
BUILD: check XeLaTeX systems works locally
xelatex --interaction=batchmode Utilities/fonttest
This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9995.2 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)
entering extended mode
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro/B', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro/I', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro/BI', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro:', contains ' '
kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro:', contains ' '
make: *** [pdf.stamp] Error 1

I'm presuming the font name should be in quotes to avoid the error, but
I'm not sure why it would die on my machines and not on Jenkins (unless
Jenkins isn't building the PDF).

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)