[tei-council] Project Gutenberg

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 18 15:49:43 EDT 2011

On 18/04/11 19:58, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Okay.  Regardless of whether you use inclusion or exclusion, I was just
> thinking about an element ("A") that happens to be included in the
> customization but whose content model changes in the TEI source.  Say
> the content model of A was changed to include "B", which was also
> included in your customization.  Assuming you had never modified the
> content model of A, would this change be reflected if you regenerate the
> schema for your customization (again, regardless of whether you use
> inclusion or exclusion)?

Yup, if you are including (or not excluding) an element and the TEI
changes its content model, and you are pointing to the most recent
release of the TEI, then yes, you will always get that change.  But
having the ability to mix and match inclusion and exclusion makes it
even more powerful. (So for example getting all of core module, but only
elements X Y and Z from the figures module.)

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,
OUCS, University of Oxford