[tei-council] An easy ticket

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Wed Feb 23 10:22:51 EST 2011

Le 23 févr. 11 à 15:37, Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :

> On 23 Feb 2011, at 14:13, Lou Burnard wrote:
>
>> I thought we had agreed to make new releases *after* council
>> meetings,
>> not before?
>>
> I think that's a proposal on the table for discussion in April, not
> an agreement
> per se.

And it depends on our capacity to have more then one single meeting.

> I am merely following Laurent's instructions on this, which were to
> get out a release
> out ASAP.

Yeap. See below.

>> From my point of view, however, I want to make a release now as its
> probably the last chance I will have. We're now using the last of
> the money
> allocated to editorial activities in 2010, and I won't be spending
> much time in this
> area from now on.

+1 mieux vaut tenir que courrir.

> I personally certainly cannot put real work in on any changes
> and/or release between May and October, so someone else will have to
> take over the pumpkin holding, so I was keen to do the complete run
> now
> and check it works.

I find it a unique opportunity to test the whole process.

> So, someone tell me whether to press the Big Red Button or not.

I would say yes. Seb, you're allowed to deliver a message to the
community eliciting the automation that was carried out there. I think
we are going towards quite a simplificaiton of our activities.