[tei-council] An easy ticket

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 09:13:13 EST 2011

I thought we had agreed to make new releases *after* council meetings,
not before?

What's the rush? A 1.9 release at the end of April would enable us to
resolve at least some of the long outstanding issues (including music,
genetic editing, bibliog issues...) after discussion at a ftf.
Otherwise, what's the justification for spending all that money on a
meeting which won't have any visible outputs for another six months?

Several people have been nagging me about the need to make genetic
proposals a bit more visible. However, I don't remember much discussion
on this list or subsequent to the Dublin meeting at which we agreed them
in principle. Am I really being given carte blanche by the council to
just copy everything from tcw14 into the Guidelines without further
discussion? This seems unlikely, and a dangerous precedent.