[tei-council] tei-c.org menu bar

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 22 11:04:36 EST 2011

On 22/02/11 15:58, Martin Holmes wrote:
> I hope that's true, but when I look at their site, I see a message from
> June 14 last year::
>
> "A long awaited UDM4 update will be available soon
> June 14th, 2010
> It’s been a long time coming but it’s almost here. The UDM4 vertion 4.6
> will be out by the end of July. This update to the dynamic menu script
> will bring the javascript menu current with contemporary browser versions."
>
> Then nothing; and their support forums seem to peter out by 2010 as
> well. Might be time to move to something based on JQuery, perhaps?

I'd second this... JQuery plugins tend to have better cross-browser
support.  I've used a menu plugin previusly that seems to work well, and
claims it degrades to CSS-based when javascript is not available.  But
I've not tested it extensively.  Would be good to spend some time having
a look at a variety of them to see which is the best fit for our needs.
  Something for David and I to look at perhaps and come back to council
with our suggestions?

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technology Service
Oxford University Computing Services