[tei-council] TEI distro again

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 18 13:47:07 EST 2011

On 11-02-18 10:39 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 18 Feb 2011, at 18:30, Martin Holmes wrote:
>

>> When I open tei_p5_all with my 64-bit Ubuntu package manager, I get
>> "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: tei-p5-source".
>
> which package did you open? there is no "tei_p5_all" _per se_.

	tei-p5-database_1.9.0_all.deb

>> Does the use of i386 imply that these packages won't work on 64-bit?
>
> no, it means that there are dependencies between the packages;
> when you do it by hand like this you have to get the order right,
> which is
>      schema source database doc exemplars test

Good lord. I guess there should be some instructions, then. I've never
"installed" TEI before -- I just use the online Roma -- so I just
assumed a package with "all" in it would give me everything. It would be
good to include some instructions, then, or a script to run install them
in the right order. Perhaps that's included in the zip file, which is
still downloading for me.

But I'm still puzzled by the use of "i386" -- how does that relate to
dependencies? Usually it means a 32-bit package that won't necessarily
work on 64-bit.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)