[tei-council] Roma, ODD-processing in XSLT 1.0

stuart yeates stuart.yeates at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Jan 31 13:29:25 EST 2011

On 01/02/11 02:56, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> As you probably all recall, http://www.tei-c.org/Roma/ processes ODDs using
> the older set of processing based on XSLT 1.0 code.  The changes to ODD-processing
> since last spring have only been reflected in the XSLT 2.0 code branch.
>
> The Roma at http://www.tei-c.org/Roma2/ uses the XSLT 2.0 code, as it passes
> all work off to OxGarage.
>
> For the next release, I would like to
>
>      1. remove/archive all the XSLT 1.0 ODD-processing code from the Stylesheets on SF
>      2. withdraw old Roma
>      3. make Roma2 into Roma
>      4. remove old cmd-line "roma" script and replace with "roma2"
>

> do I hear objections?

I have in the past been an advocate / holdout for XSLT 1.0 on the basis
that XSLT 2.0 has only a single implementation and that ties us to the a
particular tool chain.

However, I'm now using XSLT 2.0 for a number of things and have found
the world hasn't ended. So I'll not be objecting.

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates