[tei-council] Farewell!

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Jan 27 13:08:35 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm just about to ask David to unsubscribe me from council-l. We haven't
announced it yet officially, since we'll still need to determine the
transition date (hopefully next week, though), but as you all know, I
believe, the Board selected Martin Mueller as my successor as chair.
Since he's already active on this list, you don't need me too.

I'm really looking forward to working with him on the Board for the last
year of my term as a board member. Given all the changes we've make the
TEI's structure and operations, I know he's got his work cut out from him.

But I'll miss working on council. I think that's the most fun part of
being TEI chair. Maybe after a couple of years off, I'll run just for
the cool bit.

The value of the work council does for the TEI is simply huge--in cash
equivalent as well as quality. Thanks very much for all your efforts!

-dan