[tei-council] TEI P5 1.9.0

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 08:50:27 EST 2011

On 26 Jan 2011, at 13:46, Laurent Romary wrote:

> That"s already a lot. Let us also plan a tutorial session on what
> council members should master at our f2f (thus replacing the not so
> consensual Symposium - I discussed this with Kevin).

eh? you're abandoning the Monday???

> I would put the
> highest priority on making sure that so little repeatable work as
> possible is done by hand.

amen to that :-}

perhaps we should debate what a release must do? currently I make

 - zip files on SF
 - unpacked files on www.tei-c.org
 - in eXist for Roma
 - Debian packages

is the last necessary? is there some other format we should make? of course a
Roma rewrite would obviate the third.

I think it would be very defensible to say that Debian packages are something
someone else does as a favour to their community, not an essential deliverable
from TEIC

Sebastian