[tei-council] invalid examples allowed in Guidelines?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 11:07:47 EST 2011

On 11 Jan 2011, at 15:59, Lou Burnard wrote:

> Oh well, as suggested earlier maybe we should take stock of the
> situation, and see how many problematic cases there actually are.

yes. important thing to do is look at each case, decide whether its a tick
or an example (there is a third case, by the way, which is a template),
and _record_ the decision.

I'd be more than happy to add an attribute to <egXML>
to indicate whether the intention is validity,
plausibility or just well-formedness

"plausible" means that the markup is fine so far as it goes
but may be incomplete.

 Information and Support Group Manager
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios