[tei-council] invalid examples allowed in Guidelines?

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Mon Jan 10 06:28:25 EST 2011

I think that we sjhould not break up egXML too much, but make it more
powerful to cope with various similar use cases. As a preliminary
point, we have the same problem in the ISO work, where we would like
to state that examples could be validated against the schema that the
ODD spec is defining (within the same document), and this shoxs that
we should not focus only on the issue of the TEI namespace per se.
This leads me to identify two aspects:
- indicating that one should or should not try to validate an example.
Mimicking the its:translate attribute (cf. http://www.w3.org/TR/its/),
we could think of something like validate="yes" (resp. "no") when we
want to indicate that an example is to be validated by whatever
processor
- indicating against what to validate. We could have the simple
mechanisms of providing (not changing, thus not using @xmlns) the
reference namespace for the example within @ns (we do have this
attribute already, why not use it)
Laurent