[tei-council] invalid examples allowed in Guidelines?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 9 12:16:16 EST 2011

On 9 Jan 2011, at 17:10, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Related to this, Syd Bauman is currently working on creating ODDs for
> the encoding levels described at http://purl.oclc.org/NET/teiinlibraries
> and has discovered that you can't include @xmlns on any elements within
> the examples.

Of course you can. Whether its valid or not depends on the schema you build
to validate the ODD.

> To clarify Lou's idea while revealing my ignorance, would it be
> sufficient to put egXML into another namespace, or would every element
> within an example also need to be?

if you said <egXML xmlns="http://www.example.com/foo.bar">
then the <egXML> itself would be invalid, and the stylesheets
would have to extended to know what to do with this new beast.

the elements inside <egXML> are normally in the same namespace
as the <egXML> anyway if you use @xmlns (its value is inherited)
Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente